Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sagelyn Faith

Several people have asked me to share my story of how Sage came to be.

We haven't met her.
We have one photo....and it's 4 years old.
We have 1 page of information on her.
We don't know if she's in a foster home or orphanage.

Through a tragic event in our life... My husband and I both felt we had a daughter born in 2004 and we were to name her Sage. We chose Sagelyn Faith because of 4 special people in our lives my incredible mother in law Diana Lynn, my beloved aunt Lynne( my dads sister) who went to heaven after a battle with cancer, my beautiful sister in law Kimberly Lynn and my sweet cousin Erin Lynne. We chose Faith simply because we just don't know much about our sweet girl other than we have faith she is ours.

Many wanted to know how did we find her....you may not know this but there are over 2,000 children waiting on the shared list. Some with severe needs some with none. She has waited on that list for 4 years. With only one paragraph written about her in 2012... And we got one last month.

So no exciting 'found ya' story... Just a sweet girl who our agency was advocating for. And we just knew. She is a Rogers.

No comments: