Saturday, November 15, 2014

Walking around a Minefield...

As we wait for any adoption, as we are now. Not just adoption, but anything in life that Satan hates. We are typically hit pretty hard with some things from Satan.
With us adopting 2 beautiful girls (obviously Heaven sent, look at them):

...The fight keeps coming. 
Satans hit(Gods blessing)
- dishwasher broken(hubby fixed)
-dryer broken(hubby fixed 3 times)
-lost my husbands pension(whatever)
-lost insurance after we retire and missed out because of one 'difference' of my hubby's position to receive the huge buyout which would have paid for the remaining portion of what we need for our adoption.(whatever, God has this)
- found out I have arthritis throughout my back and a bulged disk.(just annoying)
-illnesses... This one has been big so far strep toe, strep throat, impetigo, fever virus ....list goes on and on. (This is the one that sends the doubt. This is where Satan puts that feeling of doubt on me sometimes) and then God always shows me the light. Even with our illnesses and our special needs... My kids are extremely healthy and thriving. Momma just needs to catch her breath every once in awhile.
-unspoken issues( this is the one that is hard for me to handle. I am sensitive. I expect everyone to be nice like most everyone is. Yet when I'm ignored or obviously slighted by someone... I pull back. It's easier to pull back then to continue getting hurt. It's hard to give and give and give... And be ignored. But my Lord.. Knows the feeling far more than I do. So I will praise him in this storm.

Anyway...I feel like I am walking through a mine field. Almost every which way I turn
I am afraid of what I might step on.

But these are just the hits. The lord has been blessing us unbelievably more!

-Our homeschool is ahead of the game. At this point we are over halfway with our History, Government, English and Math programs. Since we plan to take 3 weeks in China and another month off when the girls come home(eek..love saying that). We needed to get ahead.

-what I thought was a hit is now a blessing... Our dishwasher leaked causing some water damage that could cause much much more damage if not repaired, our home owners insurance is agreeing to cover the cost.

Our goal is to raise $12,000... Seems big but I am choosing to look at it like this.... That is only 120 $100 bills. And my Auction gave us 30 of those not included all the friends who rounded up their orders. I am thinking with my ornament sales and Camyes artwork. We could get 20 more $100 bills which leaves us with only 70 $100 bills. Not bad, right? We also maybe getting a tshirt designed for us right now.
So exciting! We are putting on our armor

Literally! Ha .. Couldn't resist adding Avah in her armor garb! Doesn't she look cute!

And fighting this we probably have 7-8 weeks left until Travel Approval comes. We have got this!:)


My all time favorite verse, Jeremiah 29:11.
💖


1 comment:

Sandy B said...

Can you tell me about your ornament? What do they look like? How can they be ordered?