Thursday, August 14, 2014

Here we go....

This is it.

She made the decision go to Harding only last year at about this time.

Unreal.

I am not sure how I can leave her here 13 hours away after 13 years of homeschooling my baby/little girl/daughter/right hand man/ best friend. But it is time for this incredible daughter of mine to spread her wings.

We had a 'interesting' ride here. What should have taken 13 hours.. Took 20 1/2 hours.

We left at5am. 


After about 2 hours, we thought something sounded off with our car. After 6 hours, of babying it up and down West Virginia hills... Unable to talk because we couldn't hear one another... It was getting worse. Found a little shop called Exhust Pro and found out our exhaust had two holes in it? Odd and our Mass Air flow fuse/knob/something.like.that. Was unplugged. Yes unplugged. The mechanic said someone had to purposely do that. Okay.. No clue how to process that information.

So we were in the middle of no where and got the best pedicures of our lives aka massage/punching of our legs and feet. Not joking.

Once that was fixed and our toes were done... We had bike issues.

And that meant many stops and many views like this.

But we arrived at Harding.... And it is gorgoeus. Absolutely beautiful.



Then we checked into her dorm.... So glad we got to check in early. I can not imagine how crazy this will
Be tomorrow

I am not sure how my departure will look.:( 

She is rooming with her longtime BFF from home. 

Her dorm was awesome! It's all girls dorm. While we were working on her room... Over the intercom it said 'man on all floors.' I loved that.. So if all these girls were running around naked or immodestly. They all had a chance to go put some clothes on. Perk-- of attending a Christian college.

To be continued.... My heart just can't go there yet with how we are feeling. I feel like my entire being for 18 years has been focusing on her... Helping her... Encouraging her.. Loving her... And I feel like it comes down to these last moments. 
I know I will still be doing all these things... But it will be different. 




1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

Having sent 3 boys to college, I understand how you are feeling. It will take some getting used to, but remember, this is what you want for her! Wish I lived closer so I could help you get through this. Blessings